Monday, May 12, 2014

Bright Sky Birthday Quilt

I started something and can't seem to stop.  I made a birthday quilt for my friend Alana when she turned 50.  I decided at that point that I would make a quilt for each of my friends and sisters as they reached this very cool age! Some of my friends and other family members have already passed 50, so they missed out. One of my sisters turned 50 last year, so of course I made her a birthday quilt, too. 

About two weeks ago, another very good friend turned 50.  As usual (and I wouldn't want to disappoint!), I was late getting her gift to her.  If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen some of my in-progress posts.  I absolutely love how quickly this quilt went together!  It's Bright Sky by Blossom Heart Quilts.  I used Flower Power by Studio e which I got from Winter Creek Cloth
I love using my Kwik Klip to pin baste my quilts! Saves my nails and my fingertips!  
I always struggle with how to quilt my quilts.  Because I haven't spent enough time practicing free motion quilting, I end up doing straight lines.  I asked my husband and son for their ideas on quilting.  They were both on the same page, and then my son drew it out for me (because I need that). I didn't follow his drawing exactly (by accident), but I love how it turned out!  
Love me some binding!  
 Wonder clips for binding!  Huge timesaver!  



I'm pretty sure that she loved the quilt....I mean, who wouldn't!  I would totally make this again! 

Oh, and if you already get Winter Creek Cloth's newsletter, you already know about this month's giveaway, and it's a good one!!  See below!  If you aren't signed up for their newsletter, just go to their website, sign up, and use "NEWSLETTER QUILTS" in the subject line rather than just QUILTS.  

Fun, Free, Quilting Accessory! Sign up to WIN

Dreamin vintage quilt
We are giving away a Golden Afternoon Quilt Kitfeaturing Dreamin' Vintage by Jeni Baker for Art Gallery Fabrics!
Reply to this email with QUILTS in the Subject Line to enter your name for the drawing by May 15.
Congratulations to Anne Jackson, the winner of last month's drawing for a Sylvia Fat Quarter Bundle by Lotta Jansdotter for Windham Fabrics!

1 comment:

  1. The colors you chose for this quilt are one of my favorite color combinations! The quilting looks great and I bet your friend loved this gift. It must be so nice to go to Winter Creek Cloth to pick out your fabrics. She had such a good selection. And I liked all your process photos too:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!