Thursday, January 9, 2014

Happy New Year, Baby Jane

Wow! I can't believe I finally sat down to blog! I sit down a lot, and you'd think I'd just blog while I'm sitting here, but I'm usually reading other blogs...or reading posts on Instagram....or just looking for ideas, like I don't have enough on my plate already. 

What's funny is that this post was originally titled "Final Post of 2013" to motivate me to post one final time for the year. But here I am on January 7th 8th  9th finally posting....when I should be finishing my swap item for the Corvallis Modern Quilt Guild  Finished my swap item, swapped it, and now it's time to blog. 

I've been keeping busy with all kinds of things, but we'll just take it one at a time so you don't get bored :) I finally finished my Baby Jane quilt. This was made with a charm pack of Baby Jane by Eric and Julie Comstock for Moda that Winter Creek Cloth gave me to play around with many months ago (Thank you, Dana and Lynn!)

This quilt was heavily inspired by the Play a Card pattern that I saw in Quilty that was designed by Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic, but that pattern was HUGE.  I really didn't feel like making a big quilt so made a smaller one, just the right size for me and two small dogs named Giacomo and Dutch :)  Unfortunately, my husband is now left out, and is over on the other couch with no quilt, no wife, and no dogs :(  

We recently had quite a snow storm, which is very unusual here in this part of Oregon.  Perfect opportunity to take some pics of Baby Jane, but SO flippin' cold! 

I absolutely love this whole line of fabric, as well as the pattern.  And look at that backing fabric! It's my favorite :)  My hubby took lots of pics with his "real" camera, but he's sleeping right now and I want to get this posted while it's still the 9th, and I think my phone takes a pretty decent pic! 

Thanks so much for stopping by. I wish you all a very happy and productive (especially quilt-wise) new year! 


6 comments:

  1. LOVE! What color is the off white solid that goes with this line???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I guess I should post the answer to this on here instead of just in an email reply in case others have the same question. Moda Solid 9900 60 Bella Solid Ivory. I purchased it from Winter Creek Cloth (my blog sponsor). Their price is only $6.95/yard with $5 shipping in the U.S.

      Delete
  2. Oh, THERE you are!! I've missed your blog posts. :)
    What a gorgeous quilt!! It looks fabulous, and I LOVE the backing, also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! :D Hooray for blog posts! I always like to read your posts. I love this quilt. It's perfect. Love the backing the MOST, and the colors next to the snow. So fun. Now.. get upstairs and make E that quilt out of the guitars. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great viewing the following pens.glamourseller.org retail store on the web.
    Thanks very much for your great post. I have been searching for such information for a really long time. Not everything is fully easy to understand to me, but it is definitely interesting and worth reading.
    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is a very pretty finish! It's my favorite kind of quilt, the kind that let's the fabric shine. I have picked up a few pieces of Baby Jane here and there and hope to use them soon! Congrats on 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!